- This event has passed.
Southwark Wellbeing Hub
January 31 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 3:00 pm on Thursday, repeating indefinitely
Every Thursday 3pm-5pm at The Old Mortuary (check our web calendar for accurate dates)
Maybe you just need to talk things through with someone, maybe you need longer-term support, or maybe you just want to join a group, take part in local activities and meet other people who share your interests. Maybe you want to find out more about Personal Budgets and how to purchase support.
We are here to help take the stress out of finding, choosing and receiving support.
Our team can offer you:
- Information: We can give you comprehensive information about what organisations, services and activities are available in your community, as well as information and tools to help you manage your own wellbeing.
- Navigation: We will take time to talk to you and understand what the problems are. We are here to help you find your way around local services and opportunities, and understand how to get the most from them.
- Support: We can provide practical support if you are struggling with day-to-day things like debt, a tenancy, benefits, loneliness or applying for and managing a Personal Budget. We’ll talk to you about your goals and aspirations and how we can help you achieve them. We can put you touch with local services and even accompany you to appointments to begin with if you want us to.
- Wellbeing Workshops: We offer a programme of workshops that provide information on mental health conditions and can help you to develop skills and tools to improve your health and wellbeing. They are free and open to anyone who lives in Southwark or is registered with a Southwark GP.
- Peer Support: Peer Supporters use their own experiences of mental distress to support others towards better wellbeing on a one-to-one basis. All Peer Supporters at the Southwark Wellbeing Hub are volunteers and receive comprehensive training prior to providing support. We also offer group Peer Support through our Self-Management Groups, which focus on coping strategies, managing wellbeing and setting goals.
You can also download an information sheet about our services.
How can I access this support?
You don’t need an appointment. We are really flexible and can work around you. You can drop in and see us at The Hub or one of our pop-up services near you, or we can come and meet you at a place to suit you. You can receive support over the phone or by email as well. We also offer both one-to-one and group support depending on what you prefer.