Founded in 1887, today Time & Talents runs targeted projects working with people with high levels of need such as isolated elderly people and disabled groups, and universal wider activities and events designed to create a strong, resilient, happy, and supportive community. We believe that fun, friendships, and helping people help each other makes a happier, healthier community where everyone is included.
We see a core part of our work as providing ways for people to connect and share their time and talents, including a wide range of volunteering opportunities, skills-sharing, and opportunities to socialise and connect neighbours close and far to reduce isolation.
Why not pop in to T&T? There’s so much to get involved with, including:
- Formal/ informal learning opportunities, especially around practical skills like horticulture/gardening and crafts
- A befriending service for isolated older people, including digital befriending
- A range of groups to increase social connections and build new friendships:
- Happy Monday Group – a social group for over 60’s
- Social Contact Group – for older women with mental health needs
- Stroke Club, for people recovering from a stroke, and their carers
- Visually Impaired Club, for people who have experienced loss of sight
- The Green Team – our gardening club for all
- Well Now Programme – metal wellbeing activities for adults
- A wide range of community parties, events, and celebrations – because they’re the best way to bring communities together and build supportive relationships
- A range of hosted activities including a Local History Society, Rotherhithe and Bermondsey Choral Society, Creative Writing and Visual Arts groups.