Our new community space for hire – in the heart of Surrey Quays Shopping Centre
T&T2 is a place for everyone, bringing community spirit right to heart of a busy shopping centre, at a time of great change for the area – and lots of opportunity. We want T&T2 to bring a sense of community right into the fabric of people’s everyday lives. You come in to Surrey Quays for milk, bread, and a newspaper – and leave with a sense of connection to your whole community.
Alex Evans, Director, Time & Talents
Already coming soon to the space are exhibitions, yoga and pilates, art classes for all ages, and intergenerational crafts. In future we’ll be welcoming in lots of our friends from the voluntary sector, as well as local businesses, the Council, and NHS, to ensure that people are getting better information and access to local services. We also want to work with as many local businesses as possible to help them connect with their local community – we have many exciting volunteering and CSR opportunities.
Space for hire
As well as offering a range of exciting T&T activities for all ages, the space is available for hire for community events and activities. It offers a great way for organisations to reach people they would never usually connect with – for events, activities, promotions, and engagement.
A large, open space with bright lighting and a quirky modern feel, comfortably holding up to a maximum of 150 people standing, or 100 seated,it has amazing transport links, excellent footfall, and good amenities. There is a large TESCO superstore directly opposite. There are a range of shopping, food and drink amenities all around it – meaning people can integrate a visit to the space with their rest of their day and activities.
- A large, bright, modern space with excellent transport links and good accessibility
- Estimated weekly footfall of 20,000 people
- A busy location with a broad demographic range – people of all ages, backgrounds, cultures, and drawing from a wide area across Southwark and parts of Lewisham
- Ideal location for ‘drop-in’ activities, with large windows, and doors opening into the shopping centre – but also able to be screened off for privacy
- Ideal for one-off events as well as regular activities
- Open to public sector, third sector and community organisations, and private enterprises.
|Hourly hire rates||Introductory rates:||July – Aug 17|
|£45||Private enterprise (Business rate)|
|£35||Public sector and charity over £1.5m|
|£25||Reduced rate for small charities|
- Cold water and drainage facilities, hot water and tea and coffee making by arrangement
- Toilets available at TESCO, or in the shopping centre
- Many catering options in the centre
- Car Parking for 4 hours free
- Open 10am – 7pm 7 days a week, subject to availability
- Flooring is carpeted, with some astroturf in breakout areas (yes, astroturf!)
- Seating available for up to 100 by arrangement
- Hanging space for exhibitions
- Quirky ‘break out’ seating