T&T team beyond excited by the sudden heavy snowfall, and very impressed that Martin our Strength & Balance class teacher still managed to cycle in!
However, snow is exciting, but can be a problem for the more vulnerable people in our community. Today our intrepid team have rung 55 housebound older people to check on their wellbeing in the cold weather.
– 46 were all ok with all needs being met
– 1 was able to tell us that her volunteer befriender no longer visits and she would like a new one
– 3 people require immediate help with shopping and we were able to go and do this
– 1 had just had a fall (that morning) and we will visit tomorrow (she was waiting for the doctor, and we have helped chase up)
– 2 people were identified as needing the winter fuel additional allowance, and are being set up with our partners to help them get set up
– 2 needed urgent updates to their care packages and need us to help them make sure they get the support they need.
Great to know we can reach people and get them the help they need!