Help Time & Talents keep its doors open all week long!
Out of Hours Keyholders: Occasional, up to £40 per session, evenings and weekends
Time and Talents needs to create a pool of occasional key holders who are able to open and close the building for hirers outside of normal office hours. Our goal is to be a centre with activities 7 days a week, all year round, and you’ll be a vital part of making that happen.
Keyholders will open and close the building for hirers, induct them into use of the building, and be on call in case there are issues with a booking.
What you’ll get:
We pay a flat fee for your time – to open and close, reset the space, and deal with any issues – and give you training in how to deal with the building and customers. It’s also an ideal opportunity to meet people and see more of how a community centre works.
You’ll be used to dealing politely with customers, but also ensuring that they follow the space hire agreement to ensure everyone gets the best out of the space.
We’re looking for people who:
- Live or work very locally to the old Mortuary at evenings and weekends
- Are highly trustworthy and reliable
- Are friendly and outgoing
- Are polite and helpful
- Are confident and assertive when dealing with customers
- Are regularly available during evenings and weekends
- Open and close the Old Mortuary space for customers, welcoming and inducting them into safe use of the space and helping them enjoy their experience
- Punctually attend the space at the beginning and end of each hire period, and remain on call to deal with any issues in between
- Ensure that hirers follow the rules of using the space, and that they have completed the cleaning checklist adequately
- Deal with occasional issues with hirers as they occur – e.g. overstaying of bookings, unexpected mess – in a polite and helpful manner
- Occasionally undertake ‘reset’ of the space, where required (eg emptying the bin, resetting chairs etc) if customers have not done this.
- Raise any urgent issues to the facilities officer/ operations manager/ Director as appropriate
- Maintain a basic understanding of the facilities, our policies and procedures, including alarm use, basic cleaning, etc
Payment: We pay a flat fee of up to £40 for each engagement, dependent on length, for opening, closing, and dealing with any issues. Inbetween opening and closing, you will be available and ‘on call’ but not expected to be onsite.
To apply: Please download and complete this application form and return to us T&T – or, if you are unable to download the form, please contact us at the number above for a printed form.
Closing date: 31st May or as soon as possible.